Instagram just released it’s newest feature ” Instagram Reels”. A new way to record 15-second videos to music on Instagram!
Heyyy this sounds familiar! Well that’s because Instagram Reels is in direct competition with similar platform Tik Tok! Is it me or does Instgram look like it’s trying to take over every single platform?
So how exactly do I use Instagram Reels exactly? Keep reading!
According to Instagram, Reels it is now available in the Unites States and 50 other countries with premieres in more countries coming soon!
Shop Instagram Influencer Essentials!
What is Instagram Reels ?
Instagram Reels is an added feature to Instagram Stories! Giving Tik Tok vibes without ever having to leave Instagram’s platform.
Where is Instagram Reels?
Reels is located in your profile but you have to swipe over a tab. See picture below.
Where is the Instagram Reels Explore Page?
Similar to Tik Tok Reels has it’s own Explore feed aka “For You Page”. You find the Reels Explore Feed at the top of Instagram’s regular explore page.
Though Instagram took notes from Tik Tok the algorithm is NOT similar. According to Instagram if your reel is featured in the explore page you will be notified. Sounds like musically! Personally this algorithm will have to change because the whole reason people love Tik Tok is because anyone can get famous and this seems like it doesn’t offer the same opportunity!
How to Make Instagram Reels?
Go to your stories then swipe over to the “Reels option .
Select Music then begin recording (you could also just upload your own video or use your own audio)
Add effects and a caption!
Publish Away! Congrats you’ve made your first Reel!
Sidebar Features on Instagram Reels!
- Audio button– the audio button takes you to a tab where all the music and audio you can use for Reels lives.
- Speed adjustment– you can select the speed you want to record your video in for cool effects.
- Effects– Instagram has a lot of different effects you can use that I am sure you are already familiar with such as filters, gifs, and stickers
- Timer– this button allows you to choose how long you want the clip will be and will stop it at the time assigned so you can press play and go
- Aligner-of all the features this one is not on Tik Tok. Instagram Reels ‘Align feature makes it easier to match you face or the clip up perfectly to the one right before it. This is great if you are not using a tripod and doing freehand transitions!
Reels is very similar to Tik Tok. I am interested is seeing how it will distinguish itself from the huge platform and will it offer the opportunity for anyone to get famous. Instagram Reels is brand new. Can it live up to the hype ? Hop on bored while it’s new just in case it takes off!